Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ecuador

Just a quick update on where we´re at now. (Rachel thinks my blogs are too long, so this will be short). We left Lima, Peru, on Saturday with a short 2 hour flight to Guayaquil, Ecuador. We went right to the bus station and got on a bus for the 4 hour ride to Cuenca. The scenery was gorgeous as we ascended from Guayaquil, through the Parque Nacional Cajas, and finally into Cuenca. We spent a relaxing Saturday evening and Sunday in Cuenca. We were able to walk to a nearby grocery store and shopping center, and also to the city´s main plaza. Monday morning we were back on the road again, taking the 1 1/2 hour bus ride to Canar. After a quick lunch, Brian went right to work with the translation team, and Rachel and I did our school work. Our hotel is very nice, but it doesn´t have internet access, so we go to an internet cafe for that. It´s not far from the hotel, so it´s not a problem (just not as convenient as we´re used to). Today we had lunch with Brian and one of the translators. I´ll write more about the Quichua translation team and project later this week. (Gotta keep this short, you know!) This weekend, when we can use our own computers again, we´ll post pictures of our bus ride and this very scenic town. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers! Donna

3 comments:

  1. I feel lucky I got to see the pictures already...they were gorgeous! Have a great time in Canar! Love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Rachel, some of us have a 2 or even 3 paragraph attention span!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will eventually need a map with stick pins in it so see where you have all gone. My geography is suffering from old age. I can relate to the internet situation. Even though it is just down the road a piece it is not as conveneint as I would like. Donna, I saw your "hello" on facebook but I didn't know how to respond to you. That was such a sick, dumb feeling. Thanks for trying, I will try to learn.
    I will have to differ with Rachel, I love every word of your blog and don't think they are too long at all. Wonderful way for us to keep up with you because you make it so interesting.

    ReplyDelete