Monday, November 16, 2009

Chiapas!

   We're all settled in Chiapas now! Yesterday we got to San Cristobal at 4:30 pm. We flew here from Mexico City to Tuxtla. Then we took a taxi for an hour to the mission house. Well, it's not a mission house any more, but it used to be when my family lived here before. A family from Michigan, that owns it now, is letting us live here for the next few months.

   The house is huge!! As soon as we got in the gate, I said, "Wow! It's just like the home movies!!"  I have my own room, and it has 3 beds and a desk in it. Now we can actually do our school work at a desk instead of on a bed!  This morning we did some rearranging of beds and desks. We wanted to put one of the beds in a closet, but it wouldn't fit, so we put it in my room.  So now I have lots of places to hang out. 



P.S. I tried writing a blog in Acapulco, but the ocean called on me everyday!  It was very fun playing in the waves in the ocean.  One day we found a sand dollar - alive!  It was annoying when we had our two-hour time share "talk" (sales pitch), because the ocean was right there, but we had to wait until all four people were done trying to sell us something.  At least they gave us some water to drink!  As you probably saw in my mom's blog, I got my hair braided.  I chose a ton of different colors for the beads, but the lady doing the braids favored orange a lot for the rubber bands.  The braids are still in, and I hope they last a few more weeks.  My hair will be really fluffy when the braids finally come out!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    Whew!! I'm so glad you explained that the picture with the three beds is YOUR room. I thought it was the family bedroom, which would probably be a little too much family togetherness - right? And do you expect us to believe that you will do your school work at a desk? I thought all kids did their work on the bed.

    I'm glad you are writing again. Your posts are very interesting and well-written. However, I would probably rather play on the beach than write, also.

    Kim

    P. S. Your braids will last longer if you sleep with your head covered. The girls use bandanas.

    ReplyDelete